2010년 9월 15일 수요일

Sep. 15



Age:
 I am a nineteen year-old international college student. I can purchase a cigarette, but I still cannot buy any alcohols because it is restricted by the law.
è I am looking for substitutes for alcohols! Don't need to contain alcohol in it, but need a drink with a brand that appeals to people as "a social drink".

Country:
 I am from South Korea.
è  Since I'm new around here, and am finding it difficult to adjust to the life here, I am looking for communities that help international students to get along with other people well. It would be even better if those communities offer a variety of relationships with native American speaker.

Greatly Interested in Clothes:
I am really interested in clothes brand around here such as Tommy Hilfiger, and Levi’s since the price of clothes in these stores is really high in Korea compared to the ones in the USA.
è Therefore, I often seek for outlet malls and clothes stores anywhere I go. I usually react to the brands that are well-known by the people around the world. It would be especially nice on Thanksgiving days, and tax-free season.

Technology Catch-up:
I’m not an early adopter, since I’m not really sensitive to new trends. However, I am between early majority and late majority.
è  I tend to follow the trend among Americans. However, I cannot lead trends. For example, I bought an iPod touch last week…

Health Conscious:
 Many people from Korea think themselves fat when they are actually not. I, too, feel the need to work-out every time I eat something. However, I don’t work-out very often because it’s bothersome to me.
è Therefore, I’m looking for ways to lose weight easily other than working out. I also care about the food I take during a mealtime.

Hobby:
I have a great interest in playing the piano, and singing. I am interested in operas, and many other performances or concerts that are held in the field of music.
è So, I always keep my ears open for information regarding concerts, orchestras, band, performances that are held on UT Campus and near around. I also look for a piano room or karaoke wherever I go.

Attitude Towards New Experiences:
I am open to experiencing new things. The fact itself that I came to US to study proves that I’m pretty much open to many new experiences.
è Especially, I am seeking for new opportunities and experiences that are related with my career and job. I would like to see, feel, know, and experience how it is like to work as an intern in the USA. So, I am looking for internships that does not require a long-term stay in the company.

Income:
 My monthly income from myself is $0. I get a full support from my parents back in Korea. I get $300 per month.
è Easy on consuming products since I am not the one who makes money, my parents are.

Fluency of English:
 I am an international student, and haven’t lived here for a long time so my English fluency is not good.
è Generally, I can speak and say what’s on my mind, and deliver the meanings. However, I sometimes find it hard to speak when it comes to complicated sentences. I also have a hard time reading many reading assignments here for Korean students don’t get “reading” as their assignments.

Others:
 I can’t withstand the hot weather around here. Austin is too hot.
è So I’m looking for some cool places to visit, cool things to eat, or drink.

 I was not allowed to grow my hair until I became a college student, but then again, my mom didn’t like me in a long hair, so I could not grow my hair for my entire life.
è So staying here in America without parents is a great chance to grow my hair. Therefore, I am interested in products you can apply them to your hair.

댓글 1개:

  1. Jun - Very interesting and your hair is looking great. :-) I'm surprised to read that Korean students do not get reading as assignments. What kind of assignments do you get if you are not reading something? Good job, overall on this. I appreciate the extra detail you tried to include.

    답글삭제